- Build a Serverless Python API using AWS SAM
- 10 Tips to Optimize Your DynamoDB Costs
- DynamoDB - Quick Guide
- DynamoDB Cheatsheet – Everything you need to know about Dynamo DB for the 2020 AWS Certified Developer Associate Certification
- Data Modeling in AWS DynamoDB
- Boto3 DynamoDB
- Learn AWS DynamoDB from scratch
AWSTemplateFormatVersion: '2010-09-09' Transform: AWS::Serverless-2016-10-31 Resources: ProcessDynamoDBStream: Type: AWS::Serverless::Function Properties: Handler: handler Runtime: runtime Policies: AWSLambdaDynamoDBExecutionRole Events: Stream: Type: DynamoDB Properties: Stream: !GetAtt DynamoDBTable.StreamArn BatchSize: 100 StartingPosition: TRIM_HORIZON DynamoDBTable: Type: AWS::DynamoDB::Table Properties: AttributeDefinitions: - AttributeName: id AttributeType: S KeySchema: - AttributeName: id KeyType: HASH
sam validate will take a look at your
template.yaml file and see if it looks correct. This command is very useful because it checks for removed references and wrong indentation.
To deploy, let’s first build it using
sam build --use-container This will build the source of your application and prepare it to run locally (with
sam local invoke) or to ship it to AWS.
Then it’s time to package and deploy your application to AWS, with a series of prompts:
sam deploy --guided
- Stack Name: The name of the stack to deploy to CloudFormation. This should be your project name.
- AWS Region: The AWS region you want to deploy your app to.
- Confirm changes before deploy: If set to yes, any change sets will be shown to you before execution for manual review. If set to no, the AWS SAM CLI will automatically deploy application changes.
- Allow SAM CLI IAM role creation: Many AWS SAM templates, including this example, create AWS IAM roles required for the AWS Lambda function(s) included to access AWS services. By default, these are scoped down to minimum required permissions.
- Save arguments to samconfig.toml: In the future you can just re-run
sam deploywithout parameters to deploy changes to your application, because your choices will be saved in a